VOLUNTEER FOR US
The real work of the Vine Trail Coalition happens in our committees, all headed by and comprised of dedicated volunteers just like you.
Ways to get involved:
- Outreach Team – We need advocates for the Vine Trail to help us at events, especially on weekends. Come talk to people and share your passion for the Vine Trail so we can gain more support and raise the funding to finish building it.
- Trail Ambassadors – This is our prestigious trail docent program! TAs commit to walking/biking the trail and engage with the trail community for at least 8 hours per month. TAs also help table at 2-4 events per year, and attend quarterly Trail Ambassador meetings. 6-month commitment to start.
- Outdoor Education Leaders – Our wonderful OELs assist local teachers who have chosen to take their students on a field trip to the Vine Trail. OELs can also lead their own educational walks on the trail. 6-month commitment to start.
- Green Team – Habitat restoration, trail clean-up days, tree-planting! Join us if you like to get your hands dirty!
- Program Development – We are always looking for creative people to join our Programs Committee and help us develop new and exciting ways to inspire the community to get out on the Vine Trail and enjoy it!
- Marketing/Events – If you are marketing/social media savvy, enjoy event planning, and would like to work collaboratively on our Marketing/Events Committee to help develop strategies and plan events to spread the word about the Vine Trail and all it has to offer, let us know!
- Lend a hand in the Vine Trail headquarters – We could always use an extra set of hands to help with light administrative tasks in the office. We may also ask you to write a short essay about one of your Vine Trail experiences while you’re here, or help install mile markers out on the Trail! Every day is different at VT headquarters!
- Donate Your Professional Skills - Are you a CPA? A graphic designer? A photographer? Consider lending your expertise to the Vine Trail.
The Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition hosts many events, and often has information tables at other events, like farmers’ markets and festivals. Volunteer to staff the table and talk with people about the Vine Trail. You won’t need to be at our table for the entire day—come help for a few hours and then enjoy the event! Check out the below list of fast-approching events, and indicate in the form at the bottom of this page if you are interested in helping at one or more.
- Napa Valley Resolution Run 5K/10K - Begin your New Year's resolution to volunteer with us on day 1! The Vine Trail Coalition will set up our booth at this New Year's Day event, and spread the Vine Trail gospel! Please come join us, and help us in our mission to raise awareness about the trail, and the funds to finish building it.
- Tree Planting for Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - Monday, January 16, 2017 - We'll provide lunch, you provide the muscle! We need help planting 30 trees along the Vine Trail between Trower Ave. and Wine Country Ave. across from Justin-Siena High School. Come get in your daily dose of exercise all while helping beautify your Napa Valley Vine Trail, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Walk with a Doc on the Napa Valley Vine Trail! On the first Saturday of every month, join us for a one-hour walk with a local doctor or helath professional on the Vine Trail. Participate in a conversation with the doctor and other walkers, and ask questions about general health and wellness! We need volunteers to help check in walkers, pass out water, sell swag, and participate in the walk to educate walkers and answer questions about the Vine Trail.
- San Francisco Bay Flyway Festival - This two-day event in February celebrates the migration of shorebirds, water fowl, and other wildlife through San Pablo Bay, and helps promote the preservation of the tidal marshes between Vallejo and Marin County. The Vine Trail will have a booth there to promote awareness of the Vine Trail and its eventual connection to the ferry building in Vallejo, and support the mission of the Mare Island Heritage Trust. February 11 & 12, 2017
Do you walk or bike the Vine Trail once or more a week? Consider becoming a Trail Ambassador! Trail Ambassadors are locals who are passionate and knowledgeable about the Napa Valley and the Vine Trail. They regularly walk or ride bikes on the Vine Trail, engage with trail users and can host walks, bike rides, and scavenger hunts on the trail.
Trail Ambassadors commit to spending at least eight hours on the trail every month, assist with tabling at 2-4 events per year, and attend quarterly Trail Ambassador meetings at the Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition headquarters.
Outdoor Education Leaders
Do you love to teach, work with children, and have passion for the Napa Valley, its history, its future, and the Vine Trail? Please consider becoming an Outdoor Education Leader (OEL)! Assist school teachers with their Vine Trail field trips, and/or host your own Vine Trail Outdoor Ed Experience. We’ll provide you with some brief training, an approved curriculum, and some Vine Trail swag to give as prizes to participants.
Pitch in to beautify your Napa Valley Vine Trail! Have fun playing in the dirt along the trail with other volunteers! We host a handful of events each year to help create and maintain a natural, beautiful, safe, and clean environment surrounding the trail. The Green Team may be tasked with planting trees, shrubs, and flowers, participates in creek and trail refuse clean-up, and invasive species removal, among other beautification projects.
The Programs Committee meets every other month to discuss ongoing development and management of new and current programs. We are looking for creative people to join the committee and help us keep things fresh and interesting, to inspire people with new and exciting ways to interact with the Vine Trail and get out there and enjoy it.
The Marketing/Events Committee meets once a month to collaborate on marketing strategies for all Vine Trail programs, fundraising, membership, and events. This committee is also responsible for the planning and execution of Vine Trail events and outreach opportunities. Consider joining this committee if you like to work with a creative team of people who are passionate about the Vine Trail and everything it has to offer, and have occasional weekend availability to help at events.
Lend a Hand at the Vine Trail Headquarters
Help is often needed in the Vine Trail office, located in the Napa Valley Community Fund Building on Claremont Way. Volunteers assist with special projects and general administrative tasks. If you are interested in helping us with this, please do let us know. High school and college students interested in internship hours for credit are welcome.
Donate Your Professional Skills
Do you have professional skills you can donate to the Vine Trail?
Below are some skills we may be looking for, but let us know if you have something else to offer!
- Graphic Design
- Copy writing
- Grant writing and reporting
- Admin assistance
NVVTC Volunteer Handbook
For volunteer opportunities, please complete the form below and press the 'Submit' button.