VOLUNTEER FOR US
The real work of the Vine Trail Coalition happens in our committees all headed by and comprised of dedicated volunteers just like you.
Here are ways you can get involved:
- Committees - Arts, engineering, maintenance, marketing, programs and more. For a list of our committees and contacts check this link.
- Trail Ambassadors – We need advocates for the Vine Trail to help us at events, especially on weekends or volunteer to walk/bike the trail to engage with the community. Come talk to people and share your passion for the Vine Trail so we can gain more support and raise the funding to finish building it. Trail Ambassadors will be given training and orientation to help you share your passion for the Vine Trail’s mission.
- Education Leaders – Our wonderful Education Leaders assist local teachers who have chosen to take their students on a field trip to the Vine Trail. Education Leaders can also lead their own educational walks on the trail. Topics can include not just nature but local history, health and art.
- Green Team – Habitat restoration, trail clean-up days, tree-planting. We have several trail work days throughout the year including Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service in February, National Trails Day in June, River and Beach Cleanup day in September and The Vine Trail Birthday in October. Join us if you like to get your hands dirty!
- Support Team - Our organization has lots of opportunities for people with special skills. For instance, we can always use an extra set of hands to help with light administrative tasks in the office. Or if you have special skills such as construction, graphic design or photography consider lending your expertise to the Vine Trail.
NVVTC Volunteer Handbook
For volunteer opportunities, please complete the form below and press the 'Submit' button.